Mutual recognition in goods - a BusinessEurope strategy paper
- National technical rules are being used as a basis to deny mutual recognition.
- No effective mechanisms exist for businesses to question national decisions denying mutual recognition.
- More ambition is needed to improve trust among member states.
- Improving transparency of national decisions will alleviate this lack of trust.
- The "quick assessment procedure" has the potential to be the mechanism that leads to a better understanding of the principle and improve the functioning of Regulation 764/2008.
- The overarching principle of mutual recognition should take precedence in existing grey areas for harmonised goods.