Job advert - Junior Press Officer for the Communications Department
BusinessEurope seeks to fill the following position:
Junior Press Officer
for its Communications Department
You are a dynamic communication professional interested in further boosting the visibility of a strong brand with upward potential? You are thrilled by the enormous potential lying in the communication network of BusinessEurope and its member federations across Europe?
Then you could be the missing member of a dynamic team and support our Director of Communications in securing media attention for BUSINESSEUROPE’s policy recommendations and activities, developing our media strategy, establishing and maintaining contacts with Brussels-based international press, organising and preparing press conferences or events and interviews for BUSINESSEUROPE’s President and Director General, drafting press releases, articles and speeches, setting up press activities linked to BUSINESSEUROPE’s events, including media partnerships.
Candidates for this post should have the following profile:
- a university degree, preferably in political or economic sciences or in communication;
- at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience as press officer or reporting on European affairs;
- experience in drafting press releases, press articles and speeches;
- a good understanding of the functioning of EU institutions;
- excellent analytical skills and the ability to assimilate various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- a perfect command of English (native or equivalent). A good knowledge of French and/or of other European languages is an asset;
- proficiency in IT tools (MS Office, Internet, social media, video conference systems);
- a dynamic personality, capable of working in a team;
- well organised, flexible and able to work under pressure.
Closing date for applications: 9 April 2023
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application and a full curriculum vitae to: