Job advert - Junior Adviser for the Industrial Affairs Department
BusinessEurope seeks to fill the following position:
for its Industrial Affairs Department
BUSINESSEUROPE’s Industrial Affairs Department aims to promote a modern EU industrial strategy as a growth and jobs driver. Its focus is on key EU policies for industrial competitiveness, such as energy, climate, environmental, industrial, research and innovation policies.
We are seeking a Junior Adviser to support our work, notably on EU climate policy. In this role, you will work with our members, organising expert working group meetings, in order to co-ordinate positions on key issues for business. You will ensure that business views are well understood by policy-makers, through contacts with EU institutions, participation in conferences and written communication. You will monitor, analyse and take advocacy actions on EU policies. You will draft position papers, briefings, speeches and presentations. You will also be expected to contribute to the broader work of the department to ensure good cooperation with other BUSINESSEUROPE’s departments.
Candidates for this post should have:
- a relevant university degree;
- at least two years of relevant professional experience;
- good knowledge of EU climate policy, the European industrial landscape, and the energy market;
- thorough understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions, preferably gained through some experience working in the EU institutions, a trade association, a consultancy or a company;
- excellent analytical skills, and the ability to assimilate the various aspects of a complex issue rapidly;
- the ability to transform technical input into political messages and adapt to the audience;
- the aptitude to define and implement advocacy strategies;
- a talent for negotiating and brokering compromises reflecting the general interest of all businesses on sensitive issues;
- the ability to work under pressure and meet objectives within tight deadlines;
- good networking and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in international/multi-cultural environment;;
- excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (native or equivalent). A good knowledge of French and/or other European languages is an asset;
- proficiency in IT tools (MS Office, Internet, social media, video conference systems);
- a pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, multi-task, well-organised, flexible.
Closing date for applications: 1 March 2023
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application and a full curriculum vitae to:
Magali Janson, Human Resources Manager