Job advert - Adviser for the Social Affairs Department
BusinessEurope seeks to fill the following position:
for its Social Affairs Department
BUSINESSEUROPE’s Social Affairs Department aims to ensure that EU social and employment policy is conducive to job creation, supports social dialogue and allows business to remain competitive. It deals with a broad range of labour market policy issues such as employment, labour law and working conditions, occupational safety & health, equal opportunities, mobility and migration, education and training, social protection etc. The Social Affairs Department also coordinates BUSINESSEUROPE’s actions as a social partner in the context of the European social dialogue.
We are seeking an adviser to support our work on various EU social and employment policies as well as our work on European social partners integrated projects. In this role, you will organise and/or participate in EU social dialogue activities and manage projects developed by European social partners. You will monitor relevant EU employment and social policy initiatives, work with our members to develop advocacy actions, organising expert working group meetings and drafting position papers, speeches and presentations. You will ensure that business views are well understood by policy-makers, through contacts with EU institutions, participation in conferences and written communication. You will also be expected to ensure good cooperation with other BUSINESSEUROPE’s departments.
Candidates for this post should have:
- a relevant university degree;
- at least two years of relevant professional experience in EU social and employment policies and in European project management;
- good knowledge of European labour law and industrial relations;
- good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions;
- excellent organisation skills, and the ability to manage European projects;
- excellent analytical skills, and the ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- ability to transform technical input into political messages and adapt to the audience;
- ability to define and implement advocacy strategies;
- talent in negotiation and brokering compromises reflecting the general interest of all businesses on sensitive issues;
- ability to work under pressure and meet objectives within tight deadlines;
- good networking and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in international/multi-cultural environment;
- excellent spoken and written communication skills in English (native or equivalent). A good knowledge of French and/or of other European languages is an asset;
- proficiency in IT tools (MS Office, Internet, social media, video conference systems);
- a pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, multi-task, well-organised, flexible.
Closing date for applications: 20 June 2021
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application and a full curriculum vitae to: