Job advert - Adviser for the Internal Market Department
BusinessEurope seeks to fill the following position:
for its Internal Market Department
BUSINESSEUROPE’s Internal Market Department advocates further integration of the EU Single Market to create growth and jobs. Its focus is on removing remaining obstacles to the free movement of goods and services, barriers to the development of the digital economy, and on supporting the application of better regulation principles in EU law-making.
We are seeking an adviser to work on free movement of goods, including in a Digital Single Market, and to support our work on better regulation. In this role, you will work with our members, organising expert working group meetings, in order to coordinate positions on key issues for business. You will ensure that business views are well understood by policy-makers, through contacts with EU institutions, participation in conferences and written communication. You will monitor, analyse and take advocacy actions on EU policies. You will draft position papers, briefings, speeches and presentations. You will also be expected to contribute to the broader work of the department to ensure good cooperation with other BUSINESSEUROPE departments.
Candidates for this post should have:
- A relevant university degree;
- 3 to 4 years of relevant professional experience;
- Good knowledge of horizontal single market policy and governance;
- Good understanding of issues in free movement of goods policy, including in a Digital Single Market, and of better regulation policy;
- Good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions, preferably gained through some experience working in the EU institutions, a trade association, a consultancy or a company;
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly;
- Ability to transform technical input into political messages and adapt to the audience;
- Ability to define and implement advocacy strategies;
- Talent in negotiation and brokering compromises reflecting the general interest of all businesses on sensitive issues;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet objectives within tight deadlines;
- Good networking skills and interpersonal skills with the ability to work in international/multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. A good knowledge of French and/or of a third European language is an asset;
- Proficiency in IT tools (Office, Internet, social media, video conference systems);
- A pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, well organised, flexible.
Closing date for applications: 31 December 2020
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application and full curriculum vitae to:
Magali Janson, Human Resources Manager