Job advert - Adviser for the Economics Department
BusinessEurope seeks to fill the following position:
for its Economics Department
BUSINESSEUROPE’s Economics Department works in close cooperation with experts in national member federations to develop business views on macro-economic policies, structural reforms, access to finance, taxation, and the EU budget. It is at the forefront of BusinessEurope’s work to improve the functioning of the Economic and Monetary Union (EMU).
We are seeking an adviser with experience in preparing analysis and recommendations on economic policies and their coordination in the European context. In this role, you will work with our members in order to prepare our two yearly economic forecasts and our flagship annual Reform Barometer. You will monitor and analyse EU policy proposals and will draft position papers and briefings on key issues such as EMU governance, implementation of the EU recovery plan and the EU budget.
In addition to contributing to high-profile publications, you will have the opportunity to prepare high-level speeches and presentations for senior business representatives, as well as as to take advocacy actions towards the EU institutions.
Candidates for this post should have:
- a university degree in economics;
- at least three to four years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent economic analysis skills;
- good knowledge of EU economic policy issues, e.g. EMU, European Semester, EU budget and recovery plan;
- good understanding of the functioning of the EU institutions;
- the ability to assimilate the various aspects of an issue rapidly (economic, legal, political) and to meet tight deadlines;
- the ability to transform technical input into clear messages and adapt to the audience;
- the ability to define and implement advocacy strategies;
- excellent spoken and written communication skills in English. A good knowledge of other European languages is an asset;
- proficiency in IT tools and in particular, extracting and preparing data using Excel;
- a pro-active and dynamic personality, with team spirit, multi-task, well-organised, flexible.
Closing date for applications: 2 March 2022
Interested candidates are invited to send a letter of application and a full curriculum vitae to: