Fresh initiatives needed to support SMEs
Today, BusinessEurope called on strengthening EU policy for small and medium-sized companies (SMEs) in Europe. In its “EU SME policy goals” memorandum, published today in Brussels, BusinessEurope called on the European Commission to take fresh initiatives aimed at 7 strategic goals, namely:
- Let SMEs work in a modern legal and administrative environment
- Achieve an SME-friendly Single Market
- Help SMEs to internationalise outside the EU
- Support SMEs in the digital transformation
- Support SMEs in their innovation efforts
- Improve SME access to finance
- And enhance SME access to skills, talents and external advice.
BusinessEurope Director General Markus J. Beyrer said:
The “EU SME policy goals” were published today at BusinessEurope’s conference "What do SMEs expect from the future EU SME policy?" at the Permanent Representation of the Netherlands to the EU.
Please see BusinessEurope’s “EU SME policy goals” here.