Priorities for the Single Market beyond 2024 - Reigniting the engine of Europe's global economic leadership
- When regulating, guarantee the freedom to trade and invest across borders in the EU, pursue maximum harmonisation of the Single Market rules, and strictly adhere to better regulation principles.
- Liberalise cross-border provision of services, inter alia by ambitious implementation of the Services Directive, and incentivise uptake of digital technologies as the major priorities.
- Invest into the resources for better Single Market law implementation and uniform enforcement.
- Ensure that the EU infrastructure is adequate for the 21st century cross-border businesses, and serves the interconnection between EU Member States.
- Make next steps to ensure free labour mobility across Member States and significantly simplify respective administrative procedures.
- Reinforce the Single Market governance in all EU institutions so that they have dedicated resources and procedures to supervise the exercise of the four freedoms.