Innovation - Building a successful future for Europe
BUSINESSEUROPE published a brochure 'Innovation: Building a successful future for Europe' on 12 October 2009. As a contribution to the future European Innovation Plan, this document lays the basis for a reinvigorated EU innovation strategy, based upon five top priorities:
- Increase public and private investments in R&D and innovation;
- Enhance the efficiency of public support policies;
- Nurture future talent, by adapting education and training systems in response to new competence requirements;
- Stimulate demand and markets for innovation, following the promising EU initiatives launched in the field of eco-innovation;
- Integrate better the EU policies influencing innovation. Defining selected societal objectives can foster this integration.